Social Media Strategy
Social media has become an integral part of our lives. From Facebook to Instagram, Twitter to Snapchat, social media platforms has changed the way we communicate with each other. While some people enjoy using these platforms, others see them as a nuisance.
Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc., have become essential tools for businesses to connect with their customers. They provide a great opportunity to promote your brand and engage with potential clients.
However, social media marketing isn’t free from pitfalls. In order to succeed, you need to create a well-thought-out plan. Here are some things to consider before starting your campaign.
1. Choose Your Platforms Carefully
Before launching your social media campaign, it is important to choose which platform will best suit your business goals. For example, if you want to increase sales, then you should focus on platforms like Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. If you want to build customer loyalty, then you should use platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
2. Create a Plan
Once you have chosen your platforms, it is time to start planning your social media strategy. You should think about what kind of information you would like to share on your social media pages. Do you want to post pictures? Or do you prefer videos? What types of posts work best for your company?
3. Set Goals
It is also important to set clear objectives when creating a social media strategy. Are you looking to attract more followers? Gain more likes? Increase traffic? Make sure you know exactly what you want to achieve through your campaign.
4. Measure Results
Finally, once you have created your plan, it is time to measure its success. How many new followers did you get? How much engagement did your posts receive? Did they convert into leads? These are all questions you must ask yourself in order to determine whether your social media strategy was successful.
Finally, don’t forget to maintain your social media channels. It may be tempting to stop posting after achieving your initial goal, but this could hurt your efforts down the road. Always keep your social media accounts active by adding new content and engaging with your audience.
6. Consider Influencers
Influencer marketing is another powerful tool for increasing your exposure and driving traffic to your site. An influencer is a person who has a large following on social media and shares your products or services on his/her own social media channels. By partnering with an influential blogger, you can gain access to a huge audience and help boost your reputation.
7. Use Email Marketing
Email marketing is still one of the most effective forms of digital advertising. Many companies send emails to their customers every day to inform them about upcoming promotions or events. However, email marketing doesn’t always require a lot of money. Instead, you can simply purchase targeted lists of subscribers from other businesses.
8. Promote Your Content
When it comes to promoting your content, there are several different options available. One option is to create your own ads using AdWords. Another option is to partner with a company that specializes in paid advertising. A third option is to use Facebook Ads. Each of these methods offers unique benefits and drawbacks. For example, AdWords allows you to target specific keywords, while Facebook Ads offer better targeting capabilities than AdWords.
9. Get Creative
Finally, remember to stay creative. If you stick to the same old strategies over and over again, your social media campaigns will start to feel stale and uninteresting. Try new things, like incorporating live video streaming into your strategy, or try something completely out of the box.
Jumpstart Your Social Media Strategy with Power Users (Influncers)
If your website has lots of high-quality content, then finding high-power social media users and sharing your blog content with them is a useful social media strategy. Social media power users regularly submit content and have a wide network of contacts that read their content suggestions and follow their submissions on a daily basis. This type of social network is essential to making your story popular on most social media sites and can make or break even the highest-quality content submission. ConnectedMarkets social media service helps you find social media power users and connect with them. Here are a few tips we use at ConnectedMarkets to jumpstart the process:
1. Over 2.4 million pieces of content are shared every minute on Facebook alone! You need to get your content to stand out BEFORE you’ll garner regular interest from large network power users.
2. Connect with power users on multiple platforms: If you’re following them on Twitter, why not fan them on Facebook and follow their boards on Pinterest?
3. Regularly interact with their content: The nature of interacting will depend on the type of site on which you are connecting.
4. Be contradictory: Popular social media users have hundreds of “yes men” who agree with everything they post. Don’t be afraid to politely ask questions, challenge their content and engage them in back-and-forth discussion.
5. Interview them: Interviewing the social media power user as a niche expert will deepen your connection and make them more likely to promote your future content.
6. Pay for assistance: Consider paying for traffic through Twitter Promoted Tweets or StumbleUpon Ads or even full social media help through sites like Fiverr or Viral Content Buzz. Fiverr specifically has power users who advertise the use of their accounts to give initial content a larger reach.
7. Distribute your content: Even the BEST content pieces need an initial “push” to get it in front of a qualified audience. That’s where content syndication platforms like Outbrain, Zemanta or One Spot come into play.
VIDEO – THE ART OF SOCIAL MEDIA: POWER TIPS FOR POWER USERS
In this video, best-selling author and chief evangelist at Canva, Guy Kawasaki teams up with Peg Fitzpatrick, to offer The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users, an essential guide to getting the most social media bang for your time and effort.
Connected Markets Social Media Campaigns – We Help You Share Useful Value-Packed Information
Set Up tools (HubSpot, Buffer, HootSuite, or Sprout Social) for content curation and content syndication.
- Identify Social Power Users / Influencers
- Blog Optimization, Blogging Best Practice Advice. – Identify Optimal Post Keywords
- Twitter Set Up with Campaign to Increase and Track Followers
- Facebook Fan Page Set Up with Campaign to Increase Fans
- YouTube Channel Set Up and Channel Optimization
- Google+ Channel Set Up and Channel Optimization
- Pinterest Channel Set Up and Channel Optimization
- LinkedIn Channel Set Up and Channel Optimization
- Social Media Campaign – Profile Optimization and keywords for content ideas.
- Set Up Content Curation Tools.
- Share unique blog content.
- Selection of keywords for Twitter posts, Facebook page updates, articles, press releases, and videos.
- Dashboard Tracking of Weekly Social Media and Video Marketing Results
Social Bookmarking (Del.icio.us) and Social Power Networking (Stumbleupon) will be employed leaving comments with links back to your site. We use leading-edge tools to make blog posts and to post articles. We use paid image libraries and Canvas for optimizing images in social posts